Frequently asked questions
- Is it allowed to stretch a roof over caravans and awnings, even though the caravan must be movable immediately in an emergency?
Ensuring the mobility of caravans and awnings must generally be guaranteed. For this reason, only the use of a roof that is not firmly anchored in the foundation or floor is possible. The roof must also be separable into a part that extends over the caravan and a part that covers the awning.
- Is the use of wooden floors allowed on campsites?
In principle, the use of wooden floors on campsites is unconcerned. The tent and camping ordinance only applies to partition walls made of highly flammable material (lamb walls, etc.). There is therefore nothing to prevent the further use of wooden floors, as long as the principles of handling fire and wood in the sense of fire prevention are observed and it does not hinder the mobility of the camping facility.
- Is it permissible to set up awnings?
Yes, but in compliance with the following restrictions.
- What material can an approved awning consist of?
The material used must consist mainly of tent fabric (tent poles and tent tarpaulin).
- Is it allowed to anchor the supports firmly with the ground?
No, fixed connections between tent supports and soil such as concrete foundations are not permitted.
- Is it allowed to install windows?
Yes, windows (also for opening) made of plexiglass or glass are generally allowed.
- Is it permissible to install doors and are there any special regulations for this with regard to the material?
Doors may in principle be installed. There are no restrictions on the material.
- Can the awning be removed inside, e.g. by the formwork with wood?
No, there is a general ban here.
- Is it allowed to set up a kitchenette in the tent?
Yes, there are no provisions to the contrary here.
- Is it permissible to build a fixed extension to a caravan?
No, this is not allowed. Fixed attachments are available, for example, when the awnings no longer meet the definition of a stand awning, but are also fixed (e.g. by interior fittings).
- How must tents and caravans be procured?
Tents and caravans must be such that they can be removed from their pitch at any time. This means that the awning can be dismantled quickly. The time required for the dismantling of conventional awnings in stand construction is decisive for this.
- Is it permissible to attach protective roofs?
Protective roofs are part of the caravan in accordance with the provisions of the valid tent and camping regulations and are therefore permitted in principle. This also applies to plastic roofs that extend over caravans and awnings. However, if a roof is to be stretched over tents and caravans, the mobility of caravans and awnings must not be restricted. For this reason, these roofs must be separable in a protective roof above the caravan and a protective roof over the awning.